Our guitar repair department has an excellent reputation for its expertise and meticulous attention to detail.
Below is a list of prices for the most common repairs and custom work.
Please note that the prices listed are labor charges only and do not include strings or parts.
- 6 String Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Banjo – $20
- 12 String – $30
- Mandolin – $25
- Floating Tremolo (e.g., Floyd Rose/Kahler) – $30
- Rickenbacker 12 String – $40
- Partial Restring – $3.50 per string
Setup* – Includes nut, saddle, truss adjustment, intonation, clean and oil fretboard, polish frets, tightening hardware, cleaning electronics, and re-string.
- 6 String Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Banjo- $70
- 12 String – $85
- Mandolin – $75
- Floating Tremolo (Floyd Rose/Kahler) – $85
- Rickenbacker 12 String – $100
* Strings are not included in the setup charge.
Nuts & Saddles*
- Custom bone intoned saddle – $55
- Long saddle – $75
- Custom bone nut – $65
- 12 String – $80
- Fill and rout saddle slot – $80
- Bone nut and saddle blanks – $8
- Bone saddle + Setup package – $110 (strings and bone blank are additional)
- Bone nut + Setup package – $120 (strings and bone blank are additional)
- Bone nut and saddle + Setup package – $160 (strings and bone blanks are additional)
* Nut and saddle prices do not include the bone blanks.
- Lifting Bridge removed & glued – $100
- New bridge – custom made ebony or rosewood – $250
- Bridge plate replacement – $275
- Install Platemate – $15
Fret Re-dress – includes leveling/recrowning of all frets and setup
- Rosewood or Ebony fretboard – $140
- Maple fretboard, 12-String, or Floyd Rose- $160
- Unbound fretboard – $300
- Bound fretboard – $325
- Maple fretboard – $350
- Partial Re-fret (includes fret redress) – $140 + $15/fret
- Glue loose fret ends – $75-100
- File and dress sharp fret ends – $25
Crack Repair – $20 per inch
Reglue Loose Bracing – $20-30 ea
Headstock Crack Repair*
- Cracked – $90 – $150
- Broken in two – $400 – $550
*The cost of this repair is determined on a case by case assessment.
Acoustic Guitar Pickup Installation*
- Under saddle or bridge plate mount – $65
- Sound hole Pickup (e.g., Rare Earth, M1) – $55
- Blending / Dual Source Pickups – $75
- Onboard preamp – $140
*add $15 for 12-string guitars
- Pickups on Fender or Gibson style solid body – $35 each
- Replace pots – $35 each
- Replace jack on solid body – $25
- Replace Switch – $30 – 60
- Arch-top wiring – PLEASE INQUIRE
- Remove and replace Martin style – $135
- Custom Guard – $100 +
- Install Clear Guard (pre-cut) – $30
- Install pre-cut tortoiseshell / opaque guard – $15
- Replace Strat-style pick guard – $50
Replace Tuning Machines – $40 – $60
(restring labor not included)
Install Strap Button – $7 (strap buttons are additional)
Inlay Fretboard Side Dot – $15 for 1st dot, $10 for each additional dot
Detailed Cleaning – All detail cleaning, finish buffing, hardware cleaning costs are determined on a case by case basis.
Finish Repair – We offer finish touch-up and selective re-finishing (e.g., necks). All finish work is accepted and quoted on a case by case basis.
Restringing Lessons – If you need a little help with that first restring, you can call on us! This service is available by appointment only with the sales staff. $20 plus re-string fee and strings.
Packaging Guitars for Shipment – We routinely ship guitars, and we are happy to package your guitar for shipment. Our professional packing service includes the box and packaging materials ($15 separately). For liability reasons, we cannot ship your guitar. $35 box and packaging included
Custom/Specialized Repairs – We are always happy to evaluate instruments for repairs that are more specialized (e.g., neck re-contouring, left hand conversions, etc.). We accept this sort of work on a case by case basis, and we will decline any repair work where we do not think we can achieve best results.